There are times when the AOL Desktop Gold Not Responding or AOL Desktop Gold won’t open, and you will have to figure it out on your own. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to achieve that means, where we run you through the basic troubleshooting methods to the advanced methods.
Issue You may face in case AOL software is unresponsive
- AOL Gold Icon not responding
- Desktop gold software stopped working.
- AOL gold did not work.
- AOL desktop gold shortcut not responding
- Getting error message ” AOL Desktop Gold in Not responding” Close this program.
Basic Troubleshooting for AOL Desktop Gold not responding
If your AOL desktop gold link is not responding than you must 1st perform basic troubleshooting steps.
As sometime AOL gold stop working because of incompatible OS, internet connection or insufficient memory.
Make sure your system is compatible with AOL Desktop Gold.
A lot of the times, old systems might not run newer programs. Check here to see what systems it supports, if you do not see your system listed there, it might be time to get a brand new computer.
Once you are sure that that PC meet system requirement, Do download AOL desktop gold.
Restart your system:
There are times when the RAM gets clogged up with other work, even when the applications have been closed. Restarting the system allows the RAM to clear up and help the application work.
- Close all of your open and running apps and programs on your desktop.
- Open the start menu, click on the power icon and select restart. Another method you could use is pressing ALT and F4 at the same time, and selecting the restart option.
If it still refuses to work, move onto the next troubleshooting methods.
Check your internet connection.
Network and connectivity issues make up half the reasons why things on the computer do not work. Without a sound network connection, your AOL Gold Icon will not respond. Troubleshoot your modem or other connectivity devices if you run into any AOL Gold problems.
- Open the start menu and find the control panel.
- Select ‘Network and Sharing Center’
- You will find a ‘Troubleshoot Problems’ option underneath ‘Change your Network Settings’ window.
- Troubleshoot ‘internet connections.’
- To troubleshoot the wireless network, Ethernet, or other network adapters, you can click on ‘Network Adapter,’ within the same window. This helps you figure out if there is a problem with the modem or internet connection.
Your system will provide you with instructions that you can follow to fix these issues, after which you will have to restart it to gain access to the AOL Desktop Gold software.
If issues persist with your connection, please contact your local internet service provider on how to solve the problem. If you do not face any further internet issues but AOL Desktop Gold Icon is still not Responding, move on to the next steps.
At times, computers and software glitch out for no discernable reason. This is especially prominent right after the latest version of that aol gold software has been released. Now normally, the software would update automatically, or display a prompt that allows you to. In the event that this does not happen, as software tend to glitch, go to the link provided and update AOL desktop gold software.
Scan for malware or viruses and remove them
If the ‘AOL Desktop Gold has Stopped Working Error’ persists, there might be malware or malicious software preventing your application from opening. If you observe this occurrence with other apps, then it might be time to get an antivirus or use Windows Defender. For AOL specific solution, try the following:
- Open the start menu and find the control panel.
- From here, find the ‘manage another account’ text and click on it, and then proceed to select ‘User Accounts” in the next window.
- Click on the new user account and create a new icon to verify whether it is working or not.
- If the new account works, delete the previous infected one and carry on with the new one.
If it turns out a virus has been detected on your system, it is advisable to get rid of it as soon as possible.
In case not removed it can corrupt your AOL application yet again.
Advanced Troubleshooting methods
Let’s say after doing the basic checks for net connection, virus and outdated software, you still cannot seem to open your application. Now is when things get a little more complicated. We will explain how to troubleshoot AOL Gold software is a comprehensive manner so you have nothing to worry about.
Search for the AOL Desktop Gold’s source files
Bear with us, as the instructions get a bit technical
- To diagnose the problem, you need to find the AOL Desktop Gold icon in the system tray, or desktop screen and right click the icon to open the drop down menu.
- Select ‘properties’ from the drop down menu.
- A dialogue box will open up. Find the targeted file and copy the URL.
- Paste the link on your internet browser to verify the availability of these software files. If you find there are no files, delete the icon immediately.
- Go to Computer and search for the AOL Gold Folder in the drive you downloaded it on, or type it into the search bar.
- Find the AOL Gold Icon and check if i t is working by clicking on it.
- If it is working right click the AOL Gold icon to create a new one that will appear on the desktop. In case it is not working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the software.
Uninstall and reinstall AOL Desktop Gold
Once you have determined the software is not working, it might be worth a try to get rid of the software completely, and then install AOL desktop Gold software here. To achieve this you must:
- Go to the control panel and find “add/remove programs.”
- Once you open the window, navigate to the AOL Desktop Gold software, and right click it to remove the program.
- The computer wizard will open and you will need to follow the instructions precisely.
- Once you are done with the uninstallation process, open your preferred web browser.
- Go to the official site of AOL Desktop Gold and re-download AOl gold software.
- When you click on the downloaded file, the wizard will open and you will have to follow the instructions exactly.
Remember, while downloading it again, make sure you have strong network connectivity.
Disable your Anti-virus and Firewall
If you have scanned your computer and checked it for malware and viruses, and found nothing, then it will be safe to turn off your Antivirus and Firewall for a while until you figure out what is wrong with your software. At times, your local security program might prevent internet access to certain software. If this is the case for your AOL Gold software, follow the instructions below:
- To disable the firewall program, double click on your antivirus program icon in the system tray, desktop or otherwise.
- The security center window of your antivirus will open, and you will need to choose the ‘web and email protection’ option.
- After that, click the ‘Firewall: On Link’ option.
- You will find the turn off button and the restore defaults button on the same window, and click the turn off button to disable the firewall.
- A pop up window will ask you when you want your firewall system up and running again. Give it about an hour before it starts again, since you will be able to troubleshoot your computer in less than that amount of time.
- Try opening the AOL Desktop Gold software from the icon.
It should be able to launch. In the event that it does not, there is one last thing you can do.
Restore Windows Settings
This is the last-ditch effort to make your application work. It is the last option you should choose because the system resets to the last set of changes you made to it, or the default settings completely, depending on the kind of operating software you have. In case you have a Windows XP, follow the steps given below.
- Make sure you have a secure internet connection.
- Open the start menu.
- Click on the ‘help and support’ option.
- Choose the ‘Pick a Task’ button, and click ‘undo change to the computer with system restore. There should be a dot on the ‘restore my computer to an earlier time’ button.
- Click next and type the date you want with bold text.
- Choose ‘next’ to be able to complete the process of restoration.
If you have a Windows Vista or a Windows 7, follow these steps.
Remember to save your files and close all the programs open and running before doing this process.
- Open the start menu.
- Type ‘system restore’ in the search bar. Click the system restore button.
- When the window opens, click ‘next.’
- In the window that displays after, confirm by selecting “Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event” option. Click the Next button and finally, on Finish button to complete the process.
The computer should restart after restoring the system. Restoring the system on the Windows 8 or 10 is similar to that of Windows 7. Simply type it into the search bar in the start menu and follow the instructions.
This application works on Mac as well, so for restoring the system on a Mac, you will need to:
- Click the apple symbol on the top left of your mac screen.
- Choose ‘preferences.’
- Here you will need to type in system restore into the bar on the top right.
- Open it and follow the instructions exactly.
AOL Desktop Gold Icon not Responding( Fix):-
if you faced problem like AOL gold icon stopped responding or become un responsive in the middle you may try all given solution.
Apart from that do perform given tricks to fix aol gold icon not working error
- Delete the icon from and desktop and open the AOL gold application from program files. See if this fix the error if not. Uninstall AOL gold and reinstall it.
- Read this guide if AOL desktop icon is missing from desktop or DOCK.
- Try to disable and enable your internet connection and try relaunching Software again.
- Last what not the least close all runny programs and run the software again
You may also contact Desktop Gold expert for instant fix.
Reasons why AOL Desktop Gold icon is not Responding
Normally when an issue like this occurs, it is not possible to pin down the exact reason why your AOL Desktop Gold Icon is not working. There are a couple of reasons it may not be working:
- There was an incompatibility issue, where your system did not have the software to support the application. You need to check the system requirements given by the AOL Desktop Gold official website so see if it qualifies. If you do not have a compatible OS, your Desktop Gold icon will not work.
- Your RAM is overloaded and not available to make other applications work. Your system’s internal memory (random access memory) has a lot of space already even if it is 2 gigabytes worth of memory. However, if you have multiple programs running in the foreground or the background, your RAM is bound to get clogged up. Normally this should not be an issue, but if you open an excess number of applications, it will be a challenge to open AOL Desktop Gold application, so much so that not only the icon may not work, but your computer might hang up.
- Your network connection was not strong enough or got disrupted. When you have a connectivity issue or a network problem, you are liable to getting an AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working error.
- Your software might not be updated to the latest version. There are times when an application simply stops working or bugs out when a new update has come out. Your computer would prompt you to update it. An older version of AOL Gold is sure to come in the way of a working version of it, because of all of the updates and bug-fixes available in the new one.
- In a worst case scenario, there might have been a malware or virus on your system that is preventing installation or download of new apps. Viruses, Trojans, worms, malicious software, or any other kind of malware that have infected the computer start eating up the computer’s resources and render other applications unable to work. It can steal, delete or modify files of a computer program. And thus, they are potent enough to cause disturbances for AOL Desktop Gold. Routine scans on your computer with a legitimate antivirus and firewall can do miracles for your computer.
- You might have an unresponsive connection to the AOL source files. The software itself might not be connected to the source file in the drive that it is supposed to be downloaded after installation, Desktop Gold creates certain files directing the path to the AOL login page, which are known as the source files. If you find the source files and manage to open them, everything is hunky dory. If you cannot, that means you might need to reinstall the software to get a working pathway to the source files.